Commonwealth Linen Service is the premier textile service provider for health care organizations in the mid-Atlantic region. We provide superior service and competitive pricing, giving our customers the best possible value for their money.
We invite all current and potential clients to visit our modern, state-of-the-art facility for a guided tour. Guided tours are offered during regular working hours. Call in advance to make an appointment.
The director of the facility is Jim Buchbinder, CPLM. Jim is highly respected as an innovative laundry operator. His strong laundry process background, coupled with an intense focus on customer satisfaction, has added an important dimension to the Commonwealth Linen Team. Jim has been in the laundry industry since 1984. http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbuchbinder/
Lois Dame has 34 years of experience working as a customer service representative with various linen service companies. She has a background in surgical nursing, working as a circulating and scrub nurse for 12 years. Lois has been able to develop and maintain professional relationships with customers at all levels within the hospital environment. Her experience includes these essential functions:
- Develop trusting relationships with hospital personnel.
- Educate the customer on linen cost management while still maintaining a high level of patient care.
- Hospital rounds with nursing staff to ensure continuous quality improvement, cost savings, and customer/patient satisfaction.
- Measure successes and survey results, document initiatives and provide monthly reports to the customer.
- Attend departmental meetings and linen utilization meetings to focus on cost reductions where possible.
- Share best linen practices to all end-user departments.
- Understand, observe, and adhere to all safety procedures and policies.
- Conduct “Linen Awareness Day” seminars to educate end users.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues.
- Assist customers/companies with linen loss management.
Tom Mantey, R.L.L.D., R.E.S.D., is the operations manager for the laundry. He has 16 years of experience in the laundry industry and has a well-rounded knowledge of both the internal workings of the laundry as well as logistical and internal hospital distribution. Tom is experienced in all aspects of distribution from bulk delivery to exchange carts, as well as delivery logistics. He has a customer oriented approach, which keeps the customers’ needs front and center while balancing the needs of the laundry. Tom has earned the following certifications from the American Laundry and Linen College: certified laundry linen manager (C.L.L.M.), registered laundry and linen director (R.L.L.D.), and registered environmental service director (R.E.S.D.). He has taught at both the American Linen College and at the National Conference for the Association for Linen Management.